You guys NEED to try this avocado toast recipe if you haven’t already! It is vegetarian, healthy, delicious, and takes less than 5 minutes to make. The combination of egg and creamy avocado in this breakfast dish is AMAZING. You will love it. You can choose to poach your egg, or fry it. You can also add tomatoes on top of the arugula, which I sometimes do. Totally up to you.
time: 5 mins. yield: 1 Slice
- 1 slice of toasted bread (I use Silver Hills Organic Sprouted Power in Soft Wheat)
- Butter or olive oil (to cook egg)
- 1 egg
- ½ avocado
- Handful of arugula
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Start by toasting your bread.
- Fry, or poach an egg (your preference. I fry mine over-medium).
- Mash the avocado with a fork, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mashed avocado on the toast.
- Top with arugula and your cooked egg.
*come follow me on instagram at @victoria_secretxo for daily updates & inspiration!