This ‘breakfast bowl’ recipe is perfect for lunch as well as breakfast. It is completely vegetarian, and combines vegetables with a touch of spice and creaminess. Absolute heaven! Give it a try and let me know your thoughts!
time: 10 mins. yield: 1 Medium Bowl
- 1-2 poached eggs
- Handful of grape tomatoes
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 4 cups of uncooked spinach
- 1 tbsp. chili flakes
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Start by poaching your egg. I will leave directions below on how to poach the perfect egg based on how you like your egg cooked.
- Cook down your spinach in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once wilted, transfer to a bowl on the side.
- Cut your grape tomatoes in half. Melt a tbsp. of butter in your skillet, and cook the tomatoes over medium-high until they are soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble your bowl. I place the spinach at the bottom, then the tomatoes, and then top with the poached egg and avocado.
- Sprinkle with chili flakes.
how to: perfectly poached egg
- Fill medium saucepan 2/3 full with water. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Reduce to medium heat and add a splash of white vinegar. This will hold the egg together.
- Using a spoon, spin the water in a circular motion to create a whirlpool effect.
- Crack an egg into a ramekin, and slowly place the egg into the center of the “whirlpool”.
- Let the egg cook for the appropriate length of time and remove with a slotted spoon.
soft: 3 MINUTES medium: 4 MINUTES
hard: 5 MINUTES
*come follow me on instagram at @victoria_secretxo for daily updates & inspiration!