soy Buddha bowl:
Today I have an awesome vegetarian dinner recipe for you guys! These Buddha Bowls are a family favourite at my house. The nice thing about them is that you can totally customize them to make them however you want them to be. My non-vegetarian brother and parents like to swap out the soy out for chicken or beef, so feel free to do that instead if you’d like to!
time: 20 mins. yield: 4 Servings
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (you could substitute for brown rice)
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of cooked corn
- ½ cup green onion, diced
- 1 cup cooked soy (I use Yves Ground Round)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- Chili-Lime dressing (directions below)
- Start by chopping and dicing your vegetables.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook the soy in olive oil or butter. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, cook the black beans, mashing about half of the beans.
- Layer the bowl, starting with the quinoa in the bottom.
- Assemble your other ingredients on top, finishing with a squeeze of your Chili-Lime dressing.
chili lime dressing:
- 4 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 ½ tsp. lime juice
- Zest from 1 lime
- ½ tsp. chili powder.
- Mix ingredients well.
- Transfer to a squeeze bottle if desired.
*come follow me on instagram at @victoria_secretxo for daily updates & inspiration!