Asparagus & Feta Salad-
I’m back with another favourite salad of mine! I have been loving these this summer. These Asparagus & Feta mason-jar salads are refreshing, healthy, easy to make, and delicious. I enjoy salads that aren’t lettuce based, so if you also like to change it up, this “salad” may be for you. As usual, I like to layer these in mason jars for easy storage. I keep the dressing in a separate container and use as necessary. No need to refrigerate the dressing. See here for my other favourite mason-jar salad recipe, Chickpea Greek!
time: 15 min. yield: 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (you could substitute for brown rice)
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, ends trimmed, diced (I usually dice pieces about 1″)
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 oz. crumbled feta (approx.)
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Boil a large pot of water with salt. While the water is boiling, wash and chop your asparagus.
- Assemble your dressing- add ingredients to a small mason jar, secure the lid, and shake!
- Boil asparagus over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, until soft.
- Transfer asparagus to ice bath, and drain.
- In the meantime, cook the quinoa, and chop walnuts & tomato.
- Assemble your salad! I start with the quinoa, followed by the cherry tomatoes, asparagus, walnuts and then the feta!
- When you are ready to eat, simply transfer to a bowl and add your dressing!
*come follow me on instagram at @victoria_secretxo for daily updates & inspiration!