Happy Wednesday everyone!
I’m back with some travel tips for you today. Although I only travel a couple of times per year or so, I feel that I’ve mastered how to pack the perfect carry-on bag. Earlier this year, I went out to BC for three nights and only brought my carry-on. As long as you are using the space you have wisely, sometimes that is all you need. Even if you are on a short flight, it is still nice to know that because of your AMAZING packing skills, you will have everything you need to be comfortable, cozy, entertained and hydrated WITHOUT having to lug around unnecessary weight.
Be sure to click on the link (also at the end of this post) to get your FREE CARRY-ON TRAVEL ESSENTIALS CHECKLIST!
- Large handbag or small rolling suitcase- Be sure to check out TSA guidelines for specific guidelines on sizing
- Passport- No explanation needed here.. DO NOT forget your passport
- Credit Cards- More than one, preferably. YOU NEVER KNOW!
- Cash- Try to bring your country’s currency (for when you are at the airport), as well as foreign currency
- Print out of the flight/ hotel information- Even if it’s on your phone, it’s good to have a hard copy as back up
- Notebook & Pen
- Empty Water Bottle- Fill it up after you pass security- the cups on planes are too small, and you need to stay hydrated
*TIP: PACK YOUR LIQUIDS IN A CLEAR, ZIPPERED BAG TO MAKE GOING THROUGH SECURITY A BREEZE!
USE TRAVEL-SIZED, CLEAR BOTTLES FOR LIQUIDS- 100ML OR LESS!
- Hairbrush & Hair Ties
- Lip Balm– Again, STAY HYDRATED. My all-time favourite is Nivea Mint & Minerals (super hydrating & smells fab!)
- Travel-sized Advil & Gravol
- Tissues/ Wet Wipes
- Toothbrush/ Toothpaste- I think this one is more necessary for long-haul flights, but you do you!
- Pressed Powder- I’m an oily girl, so this one is a must for me
- Travel-sized Perfume
- Oversized Shawl- I left mine (actually, my Moms) on the plane last time I traveled, so don’t do that! This is a nice item to bring because it can double as a blanket
- Neck Pillow- I found a REALLY nice and comfortable one for less than $20 at MINISO, which is a Japanese store that I am in LOVE with. Check it out! A good quality neck pillow will CHANGE your sleep game while flying.
- Eye Mask- I sleep with one every single night, so I find it much easier to sleep on a plane when I bring it along. Give it a try! You can find some that are scented, heatable, and light-blocking. One of my favourites is from Saje.
- Fuzzy Socks- Fuzzy, warm socks are so amazingly comfortable on a flight, especially since it is often so chilly on planes.
- Earplugs- Depending how bothered you are by sound nearby.
- iPad/ Tablet- Download some movies or TV shows in advance to keep you occupied for hours!
- Chargers/ USB cords
- Books- Bring some light reading material too. I toss in a magazine or two.
- Mobile Phone- Do I even need to say this??
There you have it, guys! Please feel free to add things as needed, as I know depending on your sex, age, and who you are traveling with, a lot of these items may change. Hopefully this list gives you a good starting point, anyway! Click here to get your FREE PRINTABLE CARRY-ON CHECKLIST!
As always, have an excellent week & I can’t wait to talk to you soon.
*come follow me on instagram at @victoria_secretxo for daily updates & inspiration!