My Black Friday Shopping Weekend & Target Haul

My Black Friday Shopping Weekend & Target Haul

Happy Wednesday, loves!

I got home on Sunday from our annual girls trip to Amherst/ Buffalo. It is THE THING I look forward to most all year long, and has been a tradition in my family for decades (I believe it’s been between 30-40 years). My mom went when she was young with her sister, cousins and aunts, and the tradition continued (thank god).

My cousins and I started coming along about 6 years ago (or so) and have been going ever since for the Black Friday Thanksgiving long-weekend.  We stay in a hotel, go out for dinner together, have drinks and lots of laughs, and of course, POWER SHOP like crazy people.

It’s not so much about the deals now (with the Canadian dollar and all…), however we still do find tons of bargains with the Black Friday sales & it’s also nice to get some unique stuff that you wouldn’t find back at home in Canada.

I thought in today’s post, I would discuss how my weekend went & talk about my shopping finds (Target specifically, because I’m an addict, haha). I will feature links for all of the items I purchased (PS. I AM NOT INCLUDING GIFTS, FOR OBVIOUS REASONS) as well as photos down below.

family time:

We had so much fun, you guys. We always do though. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Amherst, which was absolutely beautiful. It is brand new and actually only opened three weeks ago. As I worked for Marriott, we scored the room for $39 per night, so that was an added bonus! Free WiFi, fridges in the rooms, and complimentary breakfast (which was really good- NO SPACE EGGS!).

Friday:

On Friday, we left home around 8:30 am and made the drive down. I drove with my older cousin, Steph, and we sang Christmas music at the top of our lungs the whole entire way. We arrived in Amherst at around 11:00 am and went directly to Macy’s. A lot of the deals are only on until 1:00 pm on the Friday, so that’s why we went there first. I’m normally not CRAZY about Macy’s, however they do have good Door-buster deals.

After Macy’s, we stopped into Premier Wine & Spirits, which is an excellent liquor store in the US. I got my FAVOURITE wine, 19 Crimes Cabernet Sauvignon, which is $19.00 here in Canada, and was $7.50 there. After the liquor store, we checked into the hotel. After a quick unpack, we were back out to shop. Kohl’s was next on the list and we were there for a GOOD three hours at least. My mother is majorly obsessed with Kohl’s. I think she would spend 8 hours there if we let her.

Afterwards, we were all starving (no lunch), so we stopped at Chili’s for an early dinner. I had vegetarian fajitas, which were good and SO FILLING. After dinner, we went to Target. The deals are not good at Target, I can’t even lie. I still love it though, mostly because the product and certain brands they sell that you can’t get in Canada (eg.. Gilligan & O’Malley, A New Day & Universal Thread). That was it for Friday. We went back to the room around 11:00 pm and went to bed. LONG DAY NUMBER ONE!

Saturday:

We met for breakfast at 8:00 am on Saturday morning. They had a really nice buffet at the hotel. They even had veggie sausage, which was unbelievably good. After breakfast, we went straight to TJ Maxx & Home Goods (I always do SO WELL here). This department store has literally everything. I normally like their handbags, clothes & home decor items the most. We also went to DSW (no good deals, unless you look in clearance) and Five Below (my little cousins favourite store- haha).

After that, we went to Panera Bread for lunch. I had the broccoli cheddar soup, which is clearly my favourite. ( Click here for my favourite recipe- Better Than Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup! ) Afterwards, we went to Burlington Coat Factory. I have to say, I feel like this store is getting junkier and junkier each year. I usually pick up some dog toys for Jack (they are like, $3.99, which is unbelievable), but I didn’t get anything else this year. The store was a complete mess. We also went to Wal-Mart, Target (again) and Hobby Lobby in the afternoon. We got back to the hotel around 6:00 pm, showed each other our purchases, had wine and chats, and got ready for dinner.

Most years, we go to Lebro’s for dinner on Saturday night. We have been doing this for years. It is a classic Italian restaurant with the BEST SALAD DRESSING IN THE WORLD. The dressing is now on their site, and I will link it here. You have to try it. Trust me. I had the Pasta Primavera and it was fantastic. We spent the rest of Saturday evening in our rooms chatting with our wine. Perfect end to a busy (but fun) day.

family

Sunday:

By Sunday, we couldn’t believe how much we still hadn’t gotten to. I told you, we’re insane power shoppers. I’m probably the one out of everyone who has the least shopping stamina. After breakfast on Sunday morning, we went to JCPenney (I never do well here, but my Mom, her sister & their cousins usually do). Then, we went to Trader Joe’s and stocked up on all of our favourite foods here. I love how many meatless alternatives they sell here. Try their low-calorie tortillas. SO GOOD, and healthy. After Trader Joe’s, we went to Kohl’s (again), Target, and the Outlet Mall in Niagara Falls (American side). I did find a FEW bargains in the malls, however not many. After the Outlet mall, it was about 6:00 pm, and we headed home.

Told ya! It’s a looong and busy weekend, but it’s so much fun. I brought $750 USD and spent all of it. I will list down below what I purchased at each store, and what I paid (all prices in USD). Click the links for more information about the product. As previously noted, I am not including gifts as I do not know who will read this post.  *NOT A SPONSORED POST*

my purchases:

Macy’s:

Target:

TJ Maxx:

Kohls:

Other:

There you have it, guys!

2018 Black Friday Shopping DONE! Can’t wait to do it all again next year!

Did you do any Black Friday shopping this year? If so, please let me know what the best deals you found were!

As always, have an excellent week & I’ll talk to you soon!

*come follow me on instagram at @victoria_secretxo for daily updates & inspiration!

1. Geraldine
    November 29, 2018 / 3:56 am

Oh my God this is INSANE!!! And I LOVE IT! You seriously are a power shopper and i wish i had $750 to spend like that hahaha! i think it’s cool you and your relatives all drive down to amherst / Buffalo to partake in the black friday shopping! i love black friday shopping so much. and I love the stuff you got too, what steals!

Geraldine | https://geraldinetalks.com

• November 30, 2018 / 1:41 pm

HAHA! I know it’s insane right? I save $150 by weekly the few months before 🙂 It’s a lot of fun! Did you get anything this year for Black Friday?

• Geraldine
        November 30, 2018 / 5:34 pm

That is amazing and a lot of self control! 😫 I went to bath and body works and got $119 worth of stuff for$24! 😉

2. November 29, 2018 / 6:25 pm

You got soooo many amazing things! I wish I had you along when I was shopping! I didn’t get very much – maybe because we got started late and weren’t very organized. I admire your power shopping prowess.

Alex| californiapollution.com

3. November 29, 2018 / 7:08 pm

Oh wow you really went all in for Black Friday deals!! I always get a bit nervous about going out for the Black Friday deals just because I know how hectic it is! I only got 1 thing from it, and that was some new make-up brushes, perhaps I’ll do better next year ahah. Great post!

Chloe xx

• November 30, 2018 / 1:43 pm

I know it can be so crazy! Some people are insane and line up the night before! Lol we aren’t THAT insane haha! Thanks for reading, Chloe xo

4. November 30, 2018 / 9:05 am

Those Ardell lashes were a good deal! Hope you had a great trip!

• November 30, 2018 / 1:43 pm

I know I can’t believe how much I saved!!! Thanks for reading, Becca xo

5. November 30, 2018 / 10:29 am

What bargains, here in the UK black Friday is more of a damp squid. Not too many deals about

• November 30, 2018 / 1:43 pm

Is that right eh? I wonder why UK doesn’t get more into it! Do you ever do the Cyber Monday shopping?

• November 30, 2018 / 1:56 pm

I think our cyber Monday is more popular, but it’s usually cheaper stuff that didn’t sell throughout the year, not on really wanted stuff

• November 30, 2018 / 2:02 pm

Ahhhh I gotcha so it’s more them just trying to clear out their stuff. That’s a bummer! Come to Toronto!!! 🙂

• November 30, 2018 / 2:27 pm

Yes that’s exactly it, one day I’ll visit Canada and do a big shop. We bought our snowboards from there in crazy deals x

6. November 30, 2018 / 12:30 pm

Wowzers what a busy weekend and so many purchases! Glad you found some good deals 🙂

7. November 30, 2018 / 3:35 pm

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and found some wonderful items. I love the items you got from Target!

8. November 30, 2018 / 4:01 pm

I’m in awe of your shopping list! You got so many great things.

9. November 30, 2018 / 4:39 pm

WOW! You did well. I have a hair turban too an LOVE it, hate the feeling of cold hair on my back.

• November 30, 2018 / 5:44 pm

Thanks! I know, isn’t it amazing? I feel like the microfibre is so good for your hair, too!

10. November 30, 2018 / 8:43 pm

This is such a great post! Probably my favorite regarding Black Friday, without a doubt. I honestly love how much fun you guys have with it and spending time together and having one big girl’s weekend. Also, fantastic deals! Especially on the hotel room. From a blogging perspective, great job including all of those prices and links—that’s a lot of work and you included them flawlessly. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

• December 2, 2018 / 5:29 pm

Thanks so much Savannah! Now if I could only get the carousel plug-in I’m using to work on Mobile. Lol they are driving me nuts! xo

11. December 1, 2018 / 4:20 pm

Love the family shopping time

12. December 1, 2018 / 4:56 pm

Wow! This sounds crazy but totally amazing! Being from the UK, black Friday just isn’t that much of a thing for us. It’s nice that you make a properly family outing out of it though.

• December 2, 2018 / 5:31 pm

Thanks Carly! Yeah another one of my readers from the UK mentioned that too! It’s really too bad! How about Cyber Monday? Is that a thing or not really?

• December 2, 2018 / 5:40 pm

No it’s not really a big thing for us either. The January sales tend to be our mad time. People go out Boxing Day and spend all their Christmas money!

13. December 1, 2018 / 7:36 pm

oh wow you scored a ton of awesome stuff! I have gone shopping on black friday once and i went to one store – bath and body works. and i never shopped a black friday again lol but your shopping trip/family time sounds like such an awesome tradition!

• December 2, 2018 / 5:31 pm

LOL oh my gosh Bath and Body is a disaster even during a regular day so I can just imagine on Black Friday! Thanks! It’s so much fun! xo

• December 6, 2018 / 1:22 am