Happy Wednesday, loves!
I got home on Sunday from our annual girls trip to Amherst/ Buffalo. It is THE THING I look forward to most all year long, and has been a tradition in my family for decades (I believe it’s been between 30-40 years). My mom went when she was young with her sister, cousins and aunts, and the tradition continued (thank god).
My cousins and I started coming along about 6 years ago (or so) and have been going ever since for the Black Friday Thanksgiving long-weekend. We stay in a hotel, go out for dinner together, have drinks and lots of laughs, and of course, POWER SHOP like crazy people.
It’s not so much about the deals now (with the Canadian dollar and all…), however we still do find tons of bargains with the Black Friday sales & it’s also nice to get some unique stuff that you wouldn’t find back at home in Canada.
I thought in today’s post, I would discuss how my weekend went & talk about my shopping finds (Target specifically, because I’m an addict, haha). I will feature links for all of the items I purchased (PS. I AM NOT INCLUDING GIFTS, FOR OBVIOUS REASONS) as well as photos down below.
We had so much fun, you guys. We always do though. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Amherst, which was absolutely beautiful. It is brand new and actually only opened three weeks ago. As I worked for Marriott, we scored the room for $39 per night, so that was an added bonus! Free WiFi, fridges in the rooms, and complimentary breakfast (which was really good- NO SPACE EGGS!).
On Friday, we left home around 8:30 am and made the drive down. I drove with my older cousin, Steph, and we sang Christmas music at the top of our lungs the whole entire way. We arrived in Amherst at around 11:00 am and went directly to Macy’s. A lot of the deals are only on until 1:00 pm on the Friday, so that’s why we went there first. I’m normally not CRAZY about Macy’s, however they do have good Door-buster deals.
After Macy’s, we stopped into Premier Wine & Spirits, which is an excellent liquor store in the US. I got my FAVOURITE wine, 19 Crimes Cabernet Sauvignon, which is $19.00 here in Canada, and was $7.50 there. After the liquor store, we checked into the hotel. After a quick unpack, we were back out to shop. Kohl’s was next on the list and we were there for a GOOD three hours at least. My mother is majorly obsessed with Kohl’s. I think she would spend 8 hours there if we let her.
Afterwards, we were all starving (no lunch), so we stopped at Chili’s for an early dinner. I had vegetarian fajitas, which were good and SO FILLING. After dinner, we went to Target. The deals are not good at Target, I can’t even lie. I still love it though, mostly because the product and certain brands they sell that you can’t get in Canada (eg.. Gilligan & O’Malley, A New Day & Universal Thread). That was it for Friday. We went back to the room around 11:00 pm and went to bed. LONG DAY NUMBER ONE!
We met for breakfast at 8:00 am on Saturday morning. They had a really nice buffet at the hotel. They even had veggie sausage, which was unbelievably good. After breakfast, we went straight to TJ Maxx & Home Goods (I always do SO WELL here). This department store has literally everything. I normally like their handbags, clothes & home decor items the most. We also went to DSW (no good deals, unless you look in clearance) and Five Below (my little cousins favourite store- haha).
After that, we went to Panera Bread for lunch. I had the broccoli cheddar soup, which is clearly my favourite. ( Click here for my favourite recipe- Better Than Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup! ) Afterwards, we went to Burlington Coat Factory. I have to say, I feel like this store is getting junkier and junkier each year. I usually pick up some dog toys for Jack (they are like, $3.99, which is unbelievable), but I didn’t get anything else this year. The store was a complete mess. We also went to Wal-Mart, Target (again) and Hobby Lobby in the afternoon. We got back to the hotel around 6:00 pm, showed each other our purchases, had wine and chats, and got ready for dinner.
Most years, we go to Lebro’s for dinner on Saturday night. We have been doing this for years. It is a classic Italian restaurant with the BEST SALAD DRESSING IN THE WORLD. The dressing is now on their site, and I will link it here. You have to try it. Trust me. I had the Pasta Primavera and it was fantastic. We spent the rest of Saturday evening in our rooms chatting with our wine. Perfect end to a busy (but fun) day.
By Sunday, we couldn’t believe how much we still hadn’t gotten to. I told you, we’re insane power shoppers. I’m probably the one out of everyone who has the least shopping stamina. After breakfast on Sunday morning, we went to JCPenney (I never do well here, but my Mom, her sister & their cousins usually do). Then, we went to Trader Joe’s and stocked up on all of our favourite foods here. I love how many meatless alternatives they sell here. Try their low-calorie tortillas. SO GOOD, and healthy. After Trader Joe’s, we went to Kohl’s (again), Target, and the Outlet Mall in Niagara Falls (American side). I did find a FEW bargains in the malls, however not many. After the Outlet mall, it was about 6:00 pm, and we headed home.
Told ya! It’s a looong and busy weekend, but it’s so much fun. I brought $750 USD and spent all of it. I will list down below what I purchased at each store, and what I paid (all prices in USD). Click the links for more information about the product. As previously noted, I am not including gifts as I do not know who will read this post. *NOT A SPONSORED POST*
- Nike Rally Logo Cropped Hoodie in Grey – Regular Price: $60.00 – Sale Price: $40.00
- Calvin Klein Performance Crew Neck in Cameo Pink – Regular Price: $50.00 – Sale Price: $25.00
- I.N.C. Shine Like the Night Beanie in Blush – Regular Price: $34.50 – Sale Price: $17.25
- I.N.C. Shine Like the Night Fingerless Gloves in Blush – Regular Price: $34.50 – Sale Price: $17.25
- 15oz Porcelain Mugs (Hello Gorgeous & Motivation in a Mug) – Regular Price: $6.00 Each – Sale Price: BOGO – Paid $4.50 Each
- Women’s Triple Compartment Tote Handbag in Blush by Universal Thread – Paid Regular Price: $39.99
- Gold Hoop Earrings – Paid Regular Price: $7.99
- Women’s Striped Elbow Sleeve Turtleneck by A New Day – Paid Regular Price: $12.99
- Women’s Cozy Jogger Pajama Pants in Grey by Gilligan & O’Malley – Paid Regular Price: $16.99
- Women’s Cozy Textured Robe in Black by Gilligan & O’Malley – Paid Regular Price: $29.99
- Smucker’s Frozen Uncrustables – Paid Regular Price: $5.00 (Don’t ask… Canada doesn’t sell these!)
- Ardell Demi Wispies Eyelashes (5 pk.) – Paid Regular Price: $11.99 (THIS IS A GOOD DEAL – I pay $7.99 per pair at home!)
- Women’s Cotton Modal Thong by Gilligan & O’Malley – Regular Price: $5.99 each – Sale Price: 5 for $20.00
- Women’s Round Sunglasses in Brown – Paid Regular Price: $14.99
- Women’s Clubmaster Sunglasses in Brown by A New Day – Paid Regular Price: $14.99
- Marshmallow Prarie Cute Boot in Rose Smoke – Regular Price: $35.00 – TJ Maxx Price: $12.99
- Oversized Micromink Throw by Celebrity Home – Regular Price: $28.00 – TJ Maxx Price: $16.99
- Silky Glide Pro Callus Remover by Cala – Regular Price: $12.50 – TJ Maxx Price: $6.99
- Microfiber Hair Turban (couldn’t find the link!) – Regular Price: $6.99 – TJ Maxx Price: $3.99
- Everyday I’m Hustlin Nameplate by He Said, She Said – Regular Price: $28.00 – TJ Maxx Price: $7.99
- Women’s Nike Legacy Baseball Cap in Rust Pink – Regular Price: $24.00 – Sale Price: $18.00
- Earth Therapeutics Dead Sea Mineral Clay Mask – Regular Price: $10.00 – Sale Price: $4.50
- Earth Therapeutics Foot Remedy Balm – Regular Price: $9.00 – Sale Price: $4.05
- Earth Therapeutics Charcoal Cleansing Facial Wipes – Regular Price: $6.00 – Sale Price: – $2.70
- Women’s Sonoma Fuzzy Slipper Socks – Regular Price: $14.00 – Sale Price: $6.99
- Women’s Croft & Barrow Velour Sleepshirt – Regular Price: $36.00 – Sale Price: $24.99
- Women’s Sonoma Supersoft Waffle Tunic – Regular Price: $36.00 – Sale Price: $24.99
- Starbucks Travel Mug – Paid Regular Price: $12.99
- Fine-Knit Sweater in Grey from H&M– Paid Regular Price: $29.99
- V-Neck Sweater in Beige from H&M – Paid Regular Price: $34.99
- Namastay in Bed Pillow from Hobby Lobby – Regular Price: $19.99 – Paid: $9.99
- Woven Pillow in Taupe from Hobby Lobby – Regular Price: $29.99 – Paid: $14.99
- Plush Infinity Circle Scarf from Five Below – Paid Regular Price: $5.00
- Fuzzy Faux Fur Head Wrap from Five Below – Paid Regular Price: $5.00
- Himalayan Salt String Lights from Five Below – Paid Regular Price: $5.00
- 3 Dog Toys from Burlington Coat Factory (Not available online) – $3.99 each
- Hanna Slip-On Sneaker from DSW (Dirty Laundry brand) – Regular Price: $60.00 – Paid: $24.99
There you have it, guys!
2018 Black Friday Shopping DONE! Can’t wait to do it all again next year!
Did you do any Black Friday shopping this year? If so, please let me know what the best deals you found were!
As always, have an excellent week & I’ll talk to you soon!
*come follow me on instagram at @victoria_secretxo for daily updates & inspiration!