Who doesn’t love a good, mulled wine, especially during the cold weather months? I know I do. I love red wine all year long actually, but warm red wine is even better because it leaves you feeling so warm and cozy! After testing quite a few recipes, I think I’ve perfect what makes the PERFECT mulled wine. It’s easy peasy, promise! Plus, as an added bonus, your house is going to smell AMAZING!
Funny story as a side note: I was making this last year at our girls’ Christmas party (I was 100% sober!) and drained the wine down the sink. I forgot to put a bowl or pot under the strainer! PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO USE A STRAINER! HA!
TIME: 20 mins YIELD: 4 servings
- 1 bottle of dry red wine (does not need to be expensive or fancy – I normally use a Malbec)
- 1/4 cup of brandy
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, sliced
- Combine all of your ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over low-medium heat
- Cover with a lid and leave anywhere between 15 mins – 2 hours
- Strain and serve (STRAIN INTO SOMETHING!)
If you end up trying out this easy and delicious mulled wine recipe, be sure to tag me in your photos!
Have an amazing Christmas and I’ll talk to you soon!
PS. THE GIVEAWAY WINNERS ARE BEING ANNOUNCED ON INSTAGRAM TODAY, SO BE SURE TO STOP BY!