I would like to wish you all and your families a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. With the New Year only two days away, I know we are all doing a lot of reflecting on the previous year and likely setting some new goals for ourselves.
I know making goals in the New Year gets a bad rap because so often we forget about them half way through January. The key to setting goals is to ensure they are SMART (I’m sure many of you have heard this acronym before). If not, here’s what it stands for.
R- RELEVANT / REALISTIC (have seen it both ways)
It might sound cheesy, but it really is true. By ensuring your goal meets all of the above requirements, you are much more likely to stick to your goals because they are easier to manage. Another key point is to WRITE THEM DOWN. I find writing down my goals always keeps to hold me accountable and therefore makes me more likely to accomplish my goals.
I thought that today I would also share with you guys what MY goals are for 2019. Sometimes writing it down and making it public to others helps you be more accountable, too. I’ll have to check back in with you in a few months to ensure I’m following through! Let me know what some of YOUR goals are down below in the comments!
My Goals for 2019:
- Get a job that makes me passionate & brings me financial stability
- Start the day off with a BIG glass of LEMON WATER
- Quit smoking (I may try Champix once I’m off my anti-depressants, for good)
- Stop wearing acrylic nails & grow out my natural nails (get them healthy!)
- Get off my anti-depressants for good
- Begin practice yoga on a daily basis (first thing each morning)
- Eat more mindfully – less simple carbs // more vegetables
- Continue blogging and building my tribe of like-minded women
- Pay off credit card debt (AND THEN STOP USING IT!)
- Read every single day (even if it’s only a chapter)
- Invest in more regular massages (twice per month)
- Replace the habit of nightly wine with green tea
UPDATE: I will be eating a strictly vegan diet from January 2nd – February 1st. I will also be taking an 8-week break from Alcohol, also beginning January 2nd. I think this little detox is going to really reboot my health and will help me to form new and healthier habits. I know the vegan diet is not always traditionally healthy, but I assure you I have done my research. I will be taking my vitamins, getting enough protein, and following a Doctor approved meal-plan.
I will do a follow up post in a few weeks to let you know how it is all going!
Let me know what your goals are!
ENJOY YOUR NEW YEARS EVERYONE!
I love you so much and I wish you so much happiness, health and love for 2019.
I will talk to you in 2019!
*come follow me on instagram at @25thoughts_ for daily updates & inspiration!